RELEASE THE BEATLE IN YOU

Monday, June 13, 2005

step on

I tried to focus on the good things, but there’s always something bad.
I tried to free myself, but you’re always on my mind.
I tried to gain some energy
But there’s always something putting me down
I tried to lift my chin up, but all I got was a frown

Then I tried not believing but I just fell like a fool
Everyone looking at me as if I was so uncool

I got my hands full but there’s no one to receive
If only I had known I was the one to deceive

Precious one, lonely one. I think of this world and collide within
I try to love but it burns my skin
I cry for love and it kills within
I suffer and don’t know who I’ve been

At walking distance, at plain sight
I imagine you; with huge delight
Without a tear
Without a fear
Without the blindfold coldness

And you take my words for granted
And you step on my heart overjoyed
And you laugh at my tears and you mock my fears
And bring me down delighted



1 Comments:

  • "you bring me down delighted" - que buena frase para cerrar. es un gran mensaje, muy personal pero a la ves con cualidades de identidad universal lo cual hace que este escrito tenga un grado inmenso de substancia y cojones poeticos. Asimismo conlleva un potencial increible para que (por ejemplo y sin excluir las demas razas del mundo y a nadie en particular) el gringo promedio que por lo general es frio, sienta algo.

    By Blogger pistolchunky, at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Visit_Billy
Visit_Billy